Wow Man who Shot Pope John Paul II in 1981 now says he wants to be a Priest

Mehmet Alì Ağca is the Turkish man who shot St John Paul II in 1981 on May 13, the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima. He now says that he wants to become a priest if Pope Francis accepts him. This was in an interview with Italian TV channel Canale 5.  Ağca also wants to travel with Pope Francis to Fatima in 2017 on the 100th anniversary of the Fatima apparitions. Ağca, now 58 years old, served 19 years in an Italian prison for the shooting of Pope John Paul II. He was pardoned in the jubilee year of 2000 at the request of the Pope. Mehmet was deported to Turkey, and there he spent 10 more years in prison until 2010. "Here in Turkey, I live as a pensioner wasting my time," Ağca said. "That's why I want to make an appeal to Pope Francis: Welcome me in the Vatican, and I will become a priest," he said. "After John Paul II visited me in prison, I thought about it, and I studied the Gospel at length," he said. "I know the sacred books better than many others. If the Pope welcomes me, I'll be a priest and I will celebrate Mass, if he wants me."
 "I'll pray there, maybe even together with the Pope, to the Madonna, my spiritual mother," he said. Mehmet was a member of the Turkish group the Grey Wolves,  and he also said he had connections with the KGB, and with Islamic radicalism.
Please Pray for Mehmet Alì Ağca....

Comments